Do you know your English days of the week and dates like first (1st) second (2nd) third (3rd) and fourth (4th) ?
First, have a quick look at the how to pronounce the days and dates, below.
Then listen to the video of Louisa giving 8 dates. Write what you hear.
The answers are at the bottom of the page. No cheating! Watch the video first
How to pronounce the days: How to pronounce the dates
Monday (Mun-day) First, twenty first, thirty first (1st, 21st 31st)
Tuesday (choose-day) Second, twenty second, (2nd, 22nd)
Wednesday (Whenz-day) Third, twenty third (3rd, 23rd)
Thursday (Thurz-day) Fourth, twenty fourth (4th, 24th) fifth, sixth etc.
Friday (Fry-day) eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth etc.
Start dictation now. Watch video>>
No cheating! Watch the video first and write what you hear. Answers:
1. Here is the new project. It must be done by Tuesday 20th.
2. The meeting is set for Wednesday 21st March.
3. The deadline is the 22nd – that’s a Thursday.
4. We have 3 days before the deadline. That only gives us until Monday 12th.
5. It’s OK, it doesn’t have to be complete until Wednesday 7th March.
6. Can we arrange a meeting for next Tuesday 27th ?
7. They have until the Thursday 15th March to complete it.
8. We must have all the work in by Friday 30th – that’s the last working day of the month.
1. When is your birthday?
2. When is Christmas day?
3. What is the date today?
4. What is the date tomorrow?
5. When will you go on holiday this year?