Signing up for a block of lessons with Phone English is seen as acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Please read the following information carefully.
1. Company – The name and address of the supplier is Phone English, 37 Dunsford Gardens, Exeter, EX4 1LN, UK. The partners are William Bradridge and Louisa Walsh. To correspond with us or in the event of any complaint, please contact us at the above address or by email at email@example.com Phone English office hours are 09.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Friday. If you wish to contact us by telephone, please call +44 020 8123 3550 or by Skype to william-global. Calls are free if you are calling from another Skype phone.
2. Enrolment – acceptance on a programme of study is at the discretion of the Programme Manager. Should an applicant be deemed unsuitable, prospective students can expect an explanation and a full refund of any fees paid.
3. Pricing – Phone English provides phone tuition to English Language students by Skype phone or landline. Lesson prices can be found on the ‘prices’ page of our website and are normally reviewed every 6 months. The prices include calls to any Skype phone user. If you prefer calls to your landline, there is an extra charge of £0.51, provided you live in the Skype Out Global rate zone (please see details on the ‘FAQ’ page. If you are outside this zone or wish to have calls to a mobile, please email us for a separate price quotation.
4. Method of payment – Students pay at point of sale.
By Internet – on the secure enrolment form on our website we accept MasterCard or Visa or Maestro. You can choose to pay in the following currencies: US Dollars, Euro and UK pounds. If choosing to pay over the Internet, confirmation or receipt and payment will be sent via e-mail. This details the date of payment, number of lessons booked, payment type and amount. If you prefer to pay by Bank Transfer, please contact us for our bank details. Please note, the student pays any bank charges incurred.
5. Cooling off period – Students may apply for a full refund of any unused lessons within 7 days of payment for those lessons. Students can expect a full refund on any unused lessons without stating a reason for the refund. All lessons must be used within 6 calendar months of enrolment. The refund is normally issued within 7 days of notification by email that the student wishes to refund the lessons and made in the manner of the initial payment.
If an initial payment has been made by international bank transfer, then Phone English has the right to refund by an alternative method. In the case of a refund by bank transfer, the student will accept any bank charges incurred.
6. Teachers – all Phone English teachers are qualified TEFL/TESOL professionals. The teacher is responsible for giving the lesson at the appointed time as requested by the student.
7. Booking a lesson block – after processing your enrolment and payment, Phone English will send a receipt by email on the same day or the next working day. Phone English will ask for your available time and select a teacher for you. Or, students can request a teacher from our ‘about us’ page, providing that teacher is available. Student can book a lesson by emailing Phone English at firstname.lastname@example.org and will receive confirmation by return email.
8. Taking a lesson – the Phone English teacher will call you at the appointed time for your lesson. Students should ensure that both they and their phone are available for contact at the agreed time. A Phone English teacher will try to contact you twice. If students are not contactable at the start of the lesson, they will lose that lesson.
9. Cancelling an arranged lesson – Students can cancel a pre-arranged lesson up to 8 hours before the start of that lesson. To do this, students must send an email direct to their tutor at least 8 hours before the lesson is due to commence so that Phone English can re-credit the lesson. Lessons cancelled within 8 hours of lesson commencement cannot be re-credited. For a lesson starting before 3pm UK time, the lesson needs to be cancelled direct with the teacher by 5pm UK the day before.
10. Phone English unable to provide lessons at the desired time – In the first instance, students will be offered an alternative time. If this is not acceptable to the student, then they will be offered a chance of a refund within 7 days of original payment. If the refund period has elapsed, Phone English is not obliged to provide lessons at the desired time but will work to provide a viable alternative. Phone English is not obliged to provide lessons with a particular teacher.
11. Data Protection – Phone English is registered with the Data Protection Agency. To facilitate certain tasks and communication between ourselves and our students, we store some details about enquirers and students electronically. These include contact details, grades obtained on any Phone English course and details of email correspondence. However, this is strictly for use by Phone English only and details will not be released to third parties. If students have chosen to pay using the Phone English secure web site, note that Phone English does not store debit or credit card details on our databases. We employ firewall and computer virus protection and take all possible steps to safeguard personal data. Corresponding with Phone English by email is seen as acceptance of our data protection policy. Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for the content, procedures or data policies of websites that we may have links with.
12. Complaints procedure – If you have any complaint about any aspect of the service you receive from Phone English, please put your complaint in writing by email and send it to the Manager at email@example.com. All complaints received in this form are recorded and processed by the department responsible.
13. Phone English and English law – Phone English is a partnership that resides in the UK and is subject to English law. Transacting with Phone English is seen as acceptance of the terms and conditions here stated and, should a dispute arise, any proceedings are to be conducted in the UK and are to be subject to English law.
14. No liability. Phone English is responsible for giving English lessons. How you use that English in your life is your responsibility. Phone English accepts no liability for any costs financial or otherwise related to any loss incurred to you due to poor English. If you are asking your tutor to check your English writing, they will do so to the best of their ability but please note, Phone English tutors are not qualified proof readers and so Phone English or its tutors will accept no liability for your English usage outside of lessons.